Monday, January 31, 2005

Two interesting things from last week.

Number one: I took my (rolled) change into the bank to turn it into real money. I wasn't really paying much attention, so imagine my surprise when it turned into $100.00. Even. That was sorta fun. That was with pennys, nickels, dimes, and (of course) quarters, but still a nice way to end up with a hundred dollar bill. I went ahead and wrote "Change" on it, and put it in my saftey deposit box. Poof: an extra hundred dollar emergency fund!

Number two: My diet. A little more than a week ago I started my own version of a modified Atkins/South Beach (less than 20 grams of carbs a day.) FYI: One slice of normal white bread = 23 grams of carbs = crap. Too many!!!) I am supposedly in the induction phase now (starting to lose weight, yada yada) So, Friday, after a week of good times, (only 2 beers that week!) I decided to weigh myself to see how much weight I had lost. According to the scale downstairs at the gym, I weigh between 185 and 210 pounds. I think one thing is clear: time to get a new scale.

No comments: